Post Surgery (Day 3)2 min read

I wrote previously to tell about the news of being discharged today. However, we had not made it through the entire day. After the news from the doctor, we continued on with our day. Nataleigh had already been discharged from physical therapy, but we still wanted to keep her up and moving. We visited the gift shop and we did some more walking around. I even think we threw another Starbucks trip in there.

About 1 PM, we were given discharge papers and were told we were free to go. We had requested some supplies for the trip home so they gave us a nice departing “gift”. We had ice packs, hot packs, puke bags, and many pillows for the trip home. The challenging part was going to be getting Nataleigh and all of this stuff to the Ronald McDonald House (RMH).

I made the first trip with supplies to RMH and then returned to the hospital to get Stephanie, Nataleigh, and everything else. Nataleigh was ready to go and would be getting transported by wheel chair. Again, if you know Nataleigh, she has always had a fascination with medical stuff. She has played with crutches growing up and I even created her a wheelchair at one point in time to play with. She was somewhat excited about the ride.

We made the trip to RMH and it went well. We bumped into some things along the way and had some good laughs about it. We then made our way to the kitchen and grabbed a couple of snacks before going to the room. Once settled into the room we had to figure out dinner. I had promised Nataleigh some sushi while we were in the hospital. On Saturday, I planned to get her some, but the sushi place was closed. So now we had to find her sushi. I was okay with that, because that would give us a reason to try out a short road trip.

I located a sushi restaurant and we loaded up. Everything went smooth. Nataleigh figured out getting into and out of the car. We made the trip and she ordered her sushi. While we waited, we walked a little bit and then we headed back to RMH. She did well with the trip.

After we returned to RMH, we headed back to the kitchen. At RMH, you aren’t allowed to take food to the rooms. I totally understand their reasoning for this too, even though it can be a little inconvenient. Nataleigh ate about half her sushi and then had a few rice crispy treats. After eating, we returned to the room to get comfortable for the night because in the morning we would be heading home!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.